Director of Guest Services
As a Director of Guest Services you would be responsible for directing and administering of all Front Desk operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Provides assistance with rooms financial reporting as needed and provides directional support and guidance to the property Guest Loyalty Manager. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Hospitality Management with at least 5 years of progressive Front Office management experience in a 500+ room hotel with meeting space is preferred or an applicable Associate’s degree with at least 3 years of Front Office management experience is required.
- Specific brand experience/OnQ (PMS – property management) Certification (as defined by property) 500+ room experience and/or previous director level experience preferred.
- Directs and administers all Guest Services operations to include but not limited to guest service and registration (check-in/check-out) room inventory and availability guest service standards and initiatives product quality cost controls and overall profitability brand marketing initiatives developed by the revenue team systems use and management budgeting and forecasting department management policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitors and develops associate performance to include but not limited to providing supervision and professional development scheduling conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitors and assesses service and satisfaction trends evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Initiates and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue
- Implements and monitors all corporate marketing programs
- Ensures associates have current knowledge of hotel products services facilities events pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Runs and completes daily reports analyze data and make decisions based on data
- Resolves guest issues and concerns to guest satisfaction
- Recruits interviews and trains associates
- Participates in the Property Manager on Duty program.
- Is certified to respond to emergencies including but not limited to the operation of the Fire Panel communication with emergency personnel such as Police and Fire Department.
- Completes tasks or projects as assigned or as required.