As a Roadie, you’ll be responsible for acting as a liaison between our VIP Rock Star clients (meeting planners, organizers) and our Catering and Banquet departments. Ultimately, the Roadie is responsible for making sure that event details are handled so that our Rock Stars can focus on their own performance…not the performance of the hotel.
Key responsibilities of the Roadie include:
- Serving as the primary point of contact between clients and operational departments
- Reviewing meeting space requirements and ensuring that all space is blocked and set up to Hard Rock standards
- Meeting all clients in person while on site and maintaining a relationship with the client while the meeting is on site, ensuring that all client needs are met throughout their event
- Communicating any changes to the appropriate operational departments
- Providing personal touches to make each and every function unique
- Preserving an authentic, lasting relationship with our Rock Star clients after their visit has ended
- Answering questions about the hotel, rock memorabilia and/or music
- Answering questions about local area attractions and things to do
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of local area attractions and things to do around the hotel
The ideal Roadie candidate will be detail oriented, have a passion for delivering excellent service, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Ability to deliver Kick-Ass service to each hotel guest
- Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work environment
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to multi-task in a high-profile, high-traffic environment
- Ability to use logic to define the problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 30 pounds
- An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of DELPHI and experience a plus
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.