The Vibe Associate is instrumental in adding real value to the Hotel atmosphere by spreading the spirit of Rock ‘n Roll by creating authentic experiences that rock. This role will be responsible for the look, sound and feel of the Hotel environment, both physical and digital spaces. The ideal candidate is undeniably charismatic with a passion for all genres of music, keeps up to date on the latest trends, tech-savvy and able to support the Social Media presence for the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego.
Summary of essential job functions
- Creating and participating in the on-going training and development of crew and management; focusing on music, memorabilia, company culture, Social Media and the spirit of Rock ‘n Roll
- Communicating and educating crew about vibe programs and implementation of new products and procedures
- Inspecting public areas while monitoring music, video content, temperature, lighting, and scents using the Daily Inspection Audit Form to ensure that the music, lighting, visuals and scent supports the Hard Rock vibe
- Managing the Hotel Music System, playlist schedule (monitoring, adjusting and creating local music play-lists, adapted to time of day, day of week and vibe) and create playlists and customize songs for guests.
- Create and manage the hotel’s monthly activations calendar of key music dates, events and local music shows.
- Supporting the hotels social media outlets to include developing/delivering the hotel’s personality, responding, planning, posting, listening and connecting.
- Enhancing group business experience through customization of meetings and events, such as the Pod-wall, branding opportunities, Wayfinder Directional maps.
- Working closely with the IT department to ensure extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality.
- Conduct property walk-throughs to build rapport, assess guest satisfaction and promote repeat business.
- Supporting online reputations and address guest complaints and concerns from all social media, TripAdvisor and GRI comments.
- Enhancing the company culture by managing the Sound Check daily briefing program and be on the Culture Club Committee.
- Possesses a positive attitude and the desire to motivate others
- Requires full knowledge of all areas of music industry (national and local) and lifestyle hotel products
- 2+ years of experience in hotel/AV technology, including interactive televisions, digital signage, and lighting design experience preferred.
- Prior experience in marketing and digital media.
- Experience in server/network architecture and operations and security preferred.
- Ability to form strong relationships with Hard Rock employees, vendors, and outside organizations.
- Passion for learning and demonstration of Hard Rock Memorabilia.
- Ability to organize several projects and use the departments/company resources to achieve success.
- Command of various software programs and social media platforms – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
Other Requirements and Characteristics:
- The work requires light physical exertion with long periods of sitting, occasional standing and walking; limited bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; occasional lifting/moving of items up to 25 pounds.