Director of Revenue Management
The Director of Revenue Management is responsible for providing direction to the revenue management team in order to maximize RevPAR and RevPAR Index through the management of room inventories market mix and pricing strategies. In addition the Director of Revenue Management works with the hotel leadership teams to instill the revenue management culture and ensure a focus on Total Hotel Revenue Management in support of Aimbridge Hospitality's financial goals. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities. The ideal candidate would be working on-site, with the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule.
- At least 5 years of hotel revenue management experience required; Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Exceptional knowledge in tools: Excel brand systems Opera Synxis Delphi and Amadeus preferred
- Multi-brand experience preferred
- Passionate about the job you do and the results of your efforts, but more so the job your team does and the results they achieve. Balance celebrating success with positive tension
- Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
- Vertically and horizontally nimble; able to drive both the strategy and implementation of ideas
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills in both group and one-on-one situations excellent speaking reading and writing skills
- Driven leader vulnerable to others' talents and able to use collaboration to achieve the best results
- Someone that can easily identify and utilize emerging trends and technology to generate revenue
- Skilled in problem analysis, problem solving, and decision making
- A balanced individual interested in embracing our unique environment that weights your cultural fit equally with your results
- Set, manage, and collaborate with GM/DOS to input appropriate yield controls to maximize hotel's revenue from all distribution channels.
- Coordinate with the front office team to maximize revenue through effective inventory management, upselling, and sell-out efficiency
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to provide consultation on strategies for negotiating and booking optimal group and catering business as well as to ensure hotel meeting space is properly utilized to maximize room and food and beverage revenue potential.
- Manage brand/third-party channels and relationships by working with OTA market managers on promotions and market exposure; follow up to analyze ROI on any paid placements or marketing programs to ensure the hotel is maximizing revenue.
- Clearly relays items/actions discussed during daily/weekly/monthly meetings and distributes meeting notes (and applicable reports) to all appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner; will be required to facilitate meetings as well.
- Effectively leverage, manage, and maintain the applicable Sales & Revenue Management system(s) daily operations forecasting support and reporting in accordance with hotel and brand Revenue Management Standards as applicable.
- Analyze applicable revenue reports to make Yield Management decisions and update respective inventory and rate information directly through the system(s) when necessary. Perform displacement analysis to support group sales decisions and communicate highlights and/or action plan recommendations to Revenue leadership.
- Place test calls to ensure accuracy of rate quoting restrictions and selling approach.
- Ensure accurate preparation and analysis of market segmentation reports, production reports, source contribution analysis, daily pick-up reports and pace summaries. Own the compilation distribution and interpretation of sales and revenue data.
- Analyze and review monthly and weekly STR Report results understanding gains or losses of RevPAR Index and applying this knowledge to impact and predict future results and further help develop proactive strategies to gain share against the competition.
- Develop, monitor, and adjust group pricing strategies preferred patterns and need periods where necessary.
- Serve as key contact for questions with regard to system use and/or revenue management principles. May provide in-person training as required.
- Engage in the annual BT pricing process. Provide data analysis of production trends and pricing guidance to hotels to ensure alignment to annual revenue goals.
- In partnership with the strategy team, execute daily, weekly, and monthly 30-60-90 day forecast and annual budget. Contribute to daily weekly and monthly 30-60-90 day forecast and annual budget processes.
- May participate in the monthly financial review (ownership invited) focused on sales revenue and P&L; level of involvement may vary based on portfolio type.
- Represent the hotel by participating in and/or conducting industry functions in the area as applicable.
- Manage and communicate group cut off dates.
- Monitor the status of the hotel throughout the day. Adjust any inventory controls that need to be modified through the applicable Revenue System(s) and communicate to the strategy team.
- The individual in this role may develop and coach a team of Revenue professionals as applicable to the hotel size and/or structure.
- Perform Special projects participate on task force and/or committees trainings and other responsibilities as assigned.