Food & Beverage Supervisor - Mary Jane's at Hard Rock
The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Food and Beverage Manager in ensuring first quality Food and Beverage service while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead costs. He/she is also responsible for continually working toward improving Food and Beverage sales revenues beyond budget.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Be familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager in maintaining food and beverage costs.
- Maintain close communication links with all employees seeking input regarding food and beverage issues and acting as a motivating influence.
- Monitor and follow up on all servers' cash overages and shortages.
- Maintain service standards throughout the department by using such quality control instruments as Standard of the Week and coaching sessions.
- Immediately follow up on accidents problems or guest complaints in the Food and Beverage Department.
- Be familiar with and able to react to emergency situations by knowing locations of fire and extinguishers and exits.
- Maintain proper consistent disciplinary actions for all Food and Beverage employees.
- Be familiar with P.O.S. system used in the hotel.
- Ensure employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests employees and other managers.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in wage progress and productivity reports for Food and Beverage Department.
- Assist in preparation of staff schedules according to business forecast maintaining adherence to wage control productivity standards and guest service scores.
- Assist in monthly food and beverage inventories and reconciliations.
- Ensure all side work duties are completed by servers.
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager in developing promotional ideas.
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager in planning and organizing monthly department meetings.
- Initiate and promote sales efforts for all service personnel.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in preparing for and conducting employee performance appraisals.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager and Food Production Manager in maintaining and improving the quality and presentation of all food products.
- Attend weekly Food and Beverage meeting daily pre-meal meetings and other meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.