Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for defining and maintaining the hotel’s brand positioning and driving both transient group and outlet revenue through ecommerce efforts, social media platforms, public relations and promotional efforts. Executes annual media plans. Coordinates and oversees ad website and collateral production. This includes negotiating contracts, initiating request for artwork, copywriting, approving artwork and providing follow-up, processing invoices, maintaining the budget and assessing ad effectiveness. Participates in branding discussions and monitors brand cohesiveness through all marketing materials. The Director of Marketing will be a Hotel Executive Committee Member and hold those responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable area of study with a minimum of 6 years of marketing experience, preferably in Hospitality
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Great communicator (written and verbal) and formal presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Skilled in problem analysis problem solving and decision-making
- Process oriented – able to see from start-to-finish and all the steps in between
- Incredible people and team leader and development skills
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills
- Solid skills selling and negotiating programs/projects
- Above average Excel knowledge; extremely comfortable compiling and manipulating data
- Technologically savvy
- Innovative adaptable collaborative and persuasive
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to use computer keyboard telephone and other related business equipment
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward project completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong planning & organizing skills
- Creative thinking
- Spearhead the brand identity for the hotel
- Drive all marketing and PR efforts
- Drive revenues and improve profits through innovative promotions
- Conduct market research and identify opportunities/industry trends and ways to make revenue from them
- Drive all eCommerce efforts
- Assist the group sales team in sourcing leads and closing group business
- Coordinate photo shoots create collateral
- Implement and maintain an effective CRM program
- Analyze marketing opportunities and advertising effectiveness
- Conduct analysis of customer research current market conditions
- Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing projects.
- Understand market conditions and their potential marketing value to maximize market share.
- Aligns campaigns and materials to overall marketing strategy.
- Works with internal partners to define marketing plan scope and objectives.
- Develops marketing collateral and messaging.
- Drives consistency and brand awareness across regions and locations.
- Reviews and tracks status of marketing campaigns and provides updates and ongoing analysis to parties involved.
- Remain flexible to the needs of the business.
- Developing promotional opportunities to increase sales for the hotels using focus groups to identify customer needs and trends
- Analyzes marketing plan effectiveness. Researches new marketing opportunities
- Serving as a communication conduit and counsel for all marketing programs with both internally stakeholders and externally vendors/agencies
- Assisting with property visits and owners meetings as needed for their own portfolio as well as support of Marketing Manager portfolios
- Works with outside PR vendors to create press releases as needed. Provides guidance on PR and promotional opportunities to increase sales
- Training marketing team staff as needed to service the clients including workflow management and distribution
- Acting as the point person for overall marketing processes as it relates to the marketing and creative team
- Coordinating with the Creative Director to ensure projects are completed in timely manner and with proper messaging and design direction
- Working in tandem with a design team and partnering with our ecommerce team
- Responsible for implementing new processes were necessary to streamline workloads automate reporting and communicate with the properties